Today's market transitions such as cloud computing and BYOD place additional demands on the network. To support these high-performance network requirements, it is critical to build a strategic plan and architectural design before transforming the network. Microtech Systems Network Migration Service provides a structured methodology for product migration, network refresh planning, and network lifecycle management employing an architectural approach that takes into consideration not only the equipment to be updated, but also where it resides in the network, the applications and performance requirements, and how the changes affect the overall network design.
What Problems Does This Service Solve?
Our approach to building a phased migration plan provides alignment of business and technical strategies, including:
- Budgeting cycles
- Customer maintenance windows
- Change management processes
- Critical application requirements that might require additional staging and testing
- A phased approach to refresh efforts can help identify how to align planned projects with
- elements of the network that require refresh to maximize your investments and IT resources.
Microtech Systems Network Migration Service helps you determine the gaps in your existing network environment, as well as the strategy to migrate your current network to the next-generation platform, based upon your business and network requirements.
Activities and deliverables include:
- Alignment of your future state technical architecture to your business and IT strategies
- Assessment of your network architecture to identify issues that might arise as you migrate your network
- Analysis of your network to determine gaps and areas for remediation and product refresh
- Creation of a network migration strategy and plan
- Network Architecture Planning and Design
- Assists you in creating and/or updating your next-generation architectural designs by incorporating new products to support the deployment of new capabilities and applications.
- Development of a high-level architectural design, including network topology, protocols, scalability, and performance requirements
- Creation of a test plan to validate optimal product selection and network customizations
- Development of low-level designs with configuration templates and optimal software recommendations.